5 Simple Dumbbell Exercises in 5 min to Strengthen and Tone Your Arms
Updated: Dec 3, 2019
No excuses. Can you find 5 min in your day to get stronger? Are you in for stronger, sexier arms? You don't need a lot of space, a couple of light weights (between 1-3lbs) especially if you are just starting out and set the timer on your phone for 30 seconds or if you are old school - look at the second hand on the clock on your wall. You will do 2 circuits of each of these 5 exercises for 30 seconds each.
Start all the exercises by standing with straight posture, feet shoulders width apart.
1. Bicep curls - Start with weights by your side and palms facing forward. Bend elbows and lift weights to shoulders. Repeat for 30 seconds.
2. Overhead triceps extension - Extend arms above your head, keeping them in line with your ears. Bend elbows to lower your dumbbells behind your head and extend arms. Reverse back to the original position by bending elbows. Repeat for 30 seconds.
3. Straight arm raise side to front - Hold a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing inward. Maintain a slight bend in elbows and raise the dumbbells outward to shoulder height and then move arms at shoulder height in front of your chest. Reverse by bringing arms back out to your sides and down again. Repeat.
4. Overhead Shoulder Press - Start with dumbbells by your shoulders palms facing forward. Extend elbows out to side and press weights overhead. Do the reverse to lower, bringing weights back down to your chest. Repeat.
5. Forward bend row with arm extension - Lean forward with a straight back so torso is parallel to the floor. Keep arms extended by your side, pinch shoulders together gently. Lift straight arms beyond torso and lower. Repeat.
Do these to have stronger, sexier arms. But most of all, keep a positive mindset and have fun and know that you are making a simple quick habit change in your exercise routine for a more Amazing 2020!